This is a 2 hour training session “Councillor Fundamentals, A brief introduction to the role of Town or Parish Councillor”
In this session we will set the scene of Local Government;-
- Roles and responsibilities of the 5 components of the Council
- The importance of The law in meetings with an effective agenda and accurate minutes
- Council delegation through Committees, ways of managing your responsibilities
- Making a Council plan for delivery to and for your Community
- Not forgetting – Compliance through Governance arrangements with full transparency.
Prior to the session you will receive: an invitation to the session, a copy of the session’s slides, details of source of various information and a sample Agenda which we will discuss.